Road Trip!

We had another busy week with school and activities.  We also had a big road trip at the end of the week, so lots of craziness in the house.

We continue to adjust to school.  Hyrum is struggling the most with it.  That makes it sound like it's awful, but even his protests aren't bad.  I guess I just understand after two years that he needs time, so I'm giving him a little more grace.  As well,  some things just don't matter.  We don't have to do things just to do them.  I'm constantly reminding myself of the purpose of his assignments and weighing the modifications to see if they really matter.

I'm shocked at the progress that all of the kids have already made.  I love to see them learn and grow and we don't mess around!  Hyrum and Lila enjoyed another piano class.  Me, not so much.  The building is still under construction and because it's part of a high school there isn't a place yet for us to wait, which means I'm sitting in a super hot van for an hour.  This coming week is exciting for Lila.  She is starting dance class at her new studio.  Last year's was great, but they didn't really focus on ballet, which is what she wanted.  This year will be a less convenient time, but I'm curious to see how she likes this studio.  

The older kids went over to play at a friend's house.  This was the first time Liam went without me present.  He did just fine and loved playing with his friend.  He is definitely getting into the friend stage and likes making new friends.  

Friday we left early in the morning for Lubbock, Texas.  One of Tim's Lubbock family had a big weekend.  Their oldest, who is Hyrum's age was baptized and that same day they were sealed to the son they just adopted.  It was a lovely day with lots of tender feelings.  


While I would love to say that the kids enjoyed the baptism and sealing, I think they really just enjoyed cousin time.  That's a great thing and I'm glad they had some much fun.  There were lots of boys to Mario Cart and sword fight with.  

Lila enjoyed some girl time.  She had a blast playing dolls and doing nails.  She really needs more girl friends, because that's not me at all!  Owen did amazing with the dog.  All of our kids have a phobia of dogs.  The older ones are getting better, but Owen still doesn't like dogs much.  By the end of our time he was giving air pats to the dog.  I thought is was great progress.


Due to a stomach bug, we left a day early to come home.  Poor Liam struggle the whole way home.  He was feeling a lot better by dinner.  We had another child develop symptoms, so I am sure we will have an interesting week as the bug runs it's course through the family.

We're all tired from a crazy week, and I'm not quite ready to start another one.  But, time always marches on!

Comments