Road Trip!!


All I have to say is, it was a crazy week. Carolyn and I have been planning a road trip vacation for several months and we were able to actually go this weekend. It was busy for the days leading up to our leaving, but well worth it. I worked a full forty in four and a half days. It was a fun week, because I started at the Preschool. I will actually be working in the kindergarten. I have several of the kids that I had in Preschool last summer in my class this year so it will be fun to see how much they have grown. I will contine to work custodial, because it pays so well and I really enjoy the work. As a side note, my burn from last weekend actually blistered which was a new experience and it has peeled twice.


On to the road trip. We left right after I finished at the Kindergarten on Friday. We left around 12:30 and finally pulled into Moab a little before 4 pm. The drive was uneventful, but we did have a few good laughs and a couple more inside jokes to add to our collection. It took us a while to find a campsite, but once we did we were off and running. The camp was completely ready by 5.

After that we met up with some friends that are in Moab as river guides and they took us jeeping. For those that don't know what it is, you get in a jeep and go on marked trails, most of the time, and do some crazy driving. It was tones of fun and very eventful!! Carolyn and I then camped on the side of the Colorado. It was wonderful to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the river. The only problem is the birds like to start the day early, really early. We decided to take it easy so we didn't really have a set schedule.


Our morning plans consisted of Arches National Park. We spent all morning and most of the afternoon walking and hiking around looking at the different rock formations. All of it was absolutely amazing and I would highly suggest that everyone go at least once to look at everything.

We took a short break to rest and then we met up with a small group and went down the Colorado River on what was called a 'ducky'. Sorry I don't have any pictures of this. I decided it would be best if I didn't brind my camera on this part of the trip. They are two man inflatable canoes. I have never done anything like it before so it was a new experience. We left directly after that and headed home. It was a little scary going through Spanish Fork Canyon in the dark, but we made it home in good time and in one piece. Now all that is left is the clean up. I am pretty sure we brought back half of the dirt and sand in Southern Utah, but it was all worth it!

Comments