One bite at a time...

I am noticing a general trend in my weeks. Nothing really happens until Thursday evening. The beginning half of my week was filled with work, family home evening, an early morning Relief Society meeting, and dessert night (where I ate too much sugar). At work this week I spent about fourteen hours doing portfolios. The aides put together little books with some of the students work. The books consist of lots of cutting and pasting and mounting on cardstock. I don't mind working on them, so I volunteered to work on them all week. By Thursday my brain was a little fried due to the excessive brightness of the paper and too much rubber cement.

Big news...Kung and Fu (my pet bata) were donated to the Kindergarten. All summer long I have been struggling to remember to feed them and clean their bowls, so I decided that it was time to find them a better home. Carolyn and I took them to the Kindergarten on campus to become classroom pets.

The weekend started out with a bang. Carolyn and I decided to do a movie marathon with the Ninja Turtles movies. So we spent many a good hour laughing at hairdos, wacky clothes, and awesome fight scenes with mutant ninja turtles. On friday evening I had a date as well.

Saturday was a fun filled day. A good friend has his own business, very cool. He takes out garbage for people. In a way it is kind of sad that people are so lazy that they can't even take out their own trash, but on the other hand it's money him. Well, he went out of town, so Carolyn and I said we would pick up trash for him. It was quite the experience. There are some really trashy, lazy people at BYU. After that I went and mowed, did laundry, and helped to reorganize and go through some rooms in Orem. I mostly did hauling up and down the stairs and I was in heaven every step of the way!!

That evening a group of friends (female) got together for a girls night out. Many of them are married and leaving the state or graduating and leaving the state so we thought it would be good to get together for one last time before everyone left and we didn't see each other for another twenty plus years in a random temple. We went out to dinner and then played card games. The food was really good. I had a burger that was litterally the size of my face(I have a picture to prove it). It was massive. I think the burger was between a 1/4 and 1/2 pounds, it was just smaller than a DVD and about and inch thick. Most importantly I finish the whole thing. I was kind of touch and go there at the end, but I just took it one bite at a time and eventually finished. I think it would have a been a whole lot easier to eat if I didn't have all that complementary bread, the fries and, two glasses of pink lemonade. We had some good laughs, made a few new memories, relived a little of the past, and talked about the future.

I was very glad for the Sabbath to come. I always enjoy the chance that I have to sit and think about my week and the things on my mind. I am looking forward to next week. Just just hope there are no more burgers the size of my face ahead!

Comments