What was I thinking?!

The weeks just keep on flying by and each week I get closer and closer to school starting, which means that I am closer to graduation. Not that I am thinking about it or anything. All this week new people have been moving into the ward. It is very exciting to see new faces, well faces at all. We have had an extremely small ward all summer. I am told that all the spots are filled and I can't wait to meet all the new people.

My week consisted of the usual work and mowing in Orem. I went running as well and did my longest run, which was five miles. I was able to do it in hour. I was quite pleased with my progress. I also had a date on Friday. It was fun; it was a group date and we went ice skating. While ice skating, I was able to rotate while moving and skate backwards. Unfortunately, I was not able to do a slide stop. I was really looking forward to learning how to do that.

The big thing of this week is that some friends and I hiked to the top of Mount Timpanogas, which is one of the hightest peaks in Utah. The total hike time was eight hours and we did about seventeen miles. We started at 12:30 in the morning and arrived at the peak at 5:00 am.
We did not take into accout how cold it would be so we were freezing by the time we got up there.
This one is a picture of me super cold and really tired. The next picture is after the sun came up. We started to warm up after that and I think catch our second wind. The sunrise was beautiful and well worth the effort. I am not sure that I would ever do it again in the morning like that, but I am glad that I did go.
The final picture is at the bottom. We were pretty beat. We hiked all night and hadn't slept really at all. We had some good times and a lot of laughs.
Something else that happened was going to a farewell of a good friend. He will be leaving in the next two weeks to serve a mission in Argentina. I am so excited for him. I have had the opportunity to get to know him well and have always been impressed with him as a person and spiritually. It will be very exciting to hear how he is doing.
Next week is my last week of freedom before the school year starts. I have lots of fun things planned and look forward to seeing all of my friends that left Provo for the summer. It should be a good reunion!

Comments