As the days go by...

School has pretty much consumed my life. I spend most of my time studying or in class. I really enjoy my classes. I especially like my Self Defense class. We have been working on blocks and strikes. My forearms were really hurting after our last class. The department is not waiting to get us into the schools. I have already been in the schools twice and it is only the third week of school. In the month of November I will be doing what is called my second cohort. It is my second teaching experience. We will be in the schools all day every day practicing what we have been learning. I have been assigned to a school in Provo, which happens to be the school of where my best friends little sisters attend. What is even more exciting is I will be teaching the grade that one of her sisters is in. We are going over to Carolyn's home for dinner and I am going to tell her sister. I should be fun to see her reaction.

Relief Society keeps me busy. I spent a lot of my free time training those girls that are under my responsibility (ie. Visiting Teaching Leader). I am very pleased with how they have stepped up to the plate and are willing to do their responsibilities. It makes my life a lot less stressful. The big concern is Visiting Teaching because we have some many sisters that have never done visiting teaching. We will be doing a workshop next Sunday to train all the girls. I am kind of excited about it. I am hoping that we will be able to show the girls how important it is.

The weekends are always exciting. On Friday I went to World of Dance, which is BYU's premiere showcase for all the dance troups. It was so much fun to see the variety of dances and to see their talent, which there was a lot of. On Saturday some roommates and I went to the temple, followed by a cartoon party and then a lunch for another friend that is leaving on her mission this week. There was also a football game. We won again! The game was not nearly as exciting as the other one, but it was still good. Carolyn and I tried out PF Changs. It was really good food and it was nice to have some one on one time with her because our schedules are so crazy.

With everything that has gone on I still manage to get my homework done, which is a real plus. Next week should prove to be another busy one. But, I am looking forward to the challenge.

Comments

kwistin said…
Basically, Whit, you're amazing. With so much on your plate, it's hard to balance...but you can do it. Besides, if you need me, I got your front side, I got your backside... ;)
By the way, I totally forgot you are taking self-defense! I LOVED that class. Do you like Sensei Pease? He reminds me of Brian Regan.

We should practice all the self-defense stuff sometime...I'm really rusty and could use the practice. :]