One road race down...

They highlight of my week was my first road race. BYU sponsered a 5k and I was able to run it on Saturday. When we go there it was snowing. Thank goodness that it stopped before we started to run. I ran with two other girls my ward. One is an experienced runner and the other one was just like me, inexperienced. Supposedly there is a place online that I can go to, to get pictures of the me a the finish line. I haven't been able to find it yet, if I can I will post it I will. What I have now is the group of us after we got home. Becca is in the middle and Steph is on the right.

I guess you are probably wondering about my stats. I was very pleased with my time. I finished in 27.40. So, the is about 9 minutes per mile. I came in 87th over all and there was probably close to 400 people running the race. There could be more, but I am not sure. In my age devision I came in 37th. I think I would like to work up to a 10k. And eventually a half marathon. I don't think that I would ever be able to run a marathon, so I am sticking with a half marathon.

In other news school is focusing on preparing us to teach in the schools in November. We are all very busy with projects and assignments that will help us to be better teachers and to eventually Student Teach. It is hard to believe that I am just a couple months away from Student Teaching. Boy...life sure goes by fast. Work is the same as usual. I really enjoy working in the building that I do, because all the guys that work there are so friendly. Most of them are close to forty or older and just have the funniest personalities. Relief Society continues to move, sometimes not smooth as I would like it to be, but I am very fortunate to have a presidency that is dependable and knows how to get things done. I am continually amazed at how I am blessed to be able to help the sisters and how the Lord puts me in a position to help them despite the fact that my schedule is hectic. It truly is a blessing!

BYU won another game. They are certainly on a role this year. They did not play as well as they have in the past, but they were able to pull it together in the end. Also this week I had dinner with some friends. We made a curry chicken stirfry meal that was really yummy! I think that we are going to continue to cultural dinners and just pick something from a different country each time and try to cook it. That was my week, hopefully next week will hold many adventures!

Comments

kwistin said…
I'm so proud of you! I still wish I could run, but can't with my condition yet. I get sad when I see people who could run, but choose not to. So I'm glad that you recognize this ability as a blessing and that you are developing your ability to run as a skill! GREAT job on the run, too...9-minute miles are NOT too shabby! (you'd beat me any day) :)