What a great end to the week!

As usual, it was another busy week filled with classes, work, homework, and other responsibilities. Classes are starting to get really busy in preparation for all the us going into the schools to teacher at the end of this month and all through November. I have been working very hard to get all of my assignments done. It has not been as easy this semester as it has been in semesters past. But, I seem to manage.

On Friday we went to a school to do math interviews with some of the students. It was fun to see the kids in action and to do the interviews and to see things that I have learned about children and how they learn. I can tell that I have learned a lot since the last time that I was in the schools. Hopefully it will be enough for student teaching because that is only a few short months away. What is even weirder is the fact that I apply for graduation in November.

Funny story for the week. I have started to run more because of the 5k that is coming up. Well, on one of the days I decided to run up the stairs by one of the buildings. These stairs are notorious for ability to exhaust even the strong of body. Well, I was running up them doing quite well and decided to cross over to the other side (there are two sets of stairs that run along side each other). I started to cross over giving myself a pep talk because I was almost there and I had just a little bit to go. When my foot caught on a step that I didn't see and gravity kicked in and I fell up the stairs. It was kind of funny especially when I realized that my knee was skinned just like when I was a little kid. So I am walking around with skinned and bruised legs.

The family came up this week and the family and Holly were able to attend the afternoon session of General Conference. It was quite the experience, one that I will not soon forget. It was nice to see the family for more than just a couple of hours and to have some laughs and catch up on life. It was a great end to the week!

Next week I will try to have some pictures of the 5k as requested.

Comments