All in the name of fun!

The week went by quickly. This was my last full week teaching in the schools; all I have left is Monday and then it's back to BYU. I was the head teacher for two of the five days. I was really interesting to be completely in charge and to have to be the disciplinarian and keep track of the time and make sure that everything gets done. I was able to teach two pre-algebra lessons. I think they were the most stressful lessons I have ever taught. We were supposed to use this new style of teaching called inquiry where you give the students a task and allow them to figure out the answer while you are probing and giving some help and directing them. Most of you should know that math has never been my strong suit, but by the end of each lesson it was neat to see the lights go on as they began to understand what they needed to be doing.

This weekend I worked hard and played hard. I was able to compile a lot of the assignments that I needed to turn in within the next couple of weeks. I was also able to go to the temple spend time with some friends that I haven't seen in a couple of weeks and help get Holly's house ready for Christmas. I must say that I do feel old. After playing soccer in the morning and then hauling all the boxes up the stairs I was feeling it today in church. Speaking of soccer...I played soccer at a ward activity, which was a lot of fun. While playing I received some war wounds. I ended up crossing shins with someone and the picture below is my evidence.

I have another buise forming down by my ankle. Yesterday I actually had a dent in my leg which looked like I was hit with a golf ball. I personally think it is kind of cool and that it's great because it was received all in the name of fun.

I think that funniest thing that happened this weekend was creating a music video. There were some girls in the ward that dressed up as boys and danced to a song by the Backstreet Boys (an old music group that was popular when I was young). I recorded it for them and it was halarious.

One final story. I am also putting a picture up of a boy I used to babysit. I went to his brother's baptism and being baptized is a different process in Utah. Because of the high number of Mormons each ward is given and day for the font. Well, it was a busy day and I think he had, had enough. While we were waiting he slipped to the back and slid under the bench to hide from his mom. I thought it was halarious so I snapped a picture.

Comments

kwistin said…
WOW Whit! Nice battle wound! *sniff* I'm so proud of you! :D

As I read about your progression to becoming a teacher, I get really excited for you. I also get really excited for those lil kiddos you'll get to teach. Man, are they in for a treat.