Run Whitney, Run!

It has been quite the week. My first day in the schools was on Tuesday and it went off without a hitch. I have slowly been getting into the swing of their routine and figuring out where these kids are in the learning. Their educational experience is very different from what I did in school. Their reading is very different. They are all leveled and work a lot one on one with teachers and tutors to help them gain the skills necessary. It is a little stressful to think that I am going to have to plan so much into my day. It makes me grateful that I can organize stuff so well. I also started my new work schedule that is a little crazy. I go directly to work right after the schools and work three days a week for a few hours. By the time quiting time rolls around I am ready to go home. I am trying to still go running after work, but I am finding that I just don't have the energy to do it!

I do not have any funny stories from the schools. Although some of the students call me Ms. K because they can't say my last name, so of them are hispanic. It is kinda fun. I have found that I have a lot in common with many of them. For instance some of them already run cross country and host of fun things that I like to do.

For Halloween the school had a big parade. All the classes paraded through everyone elses and looked at their costumes. We had some very interesting ones in our class. We had Paul McCartney, Alvin and the Chipmunks, a washer and drier, and my personal favorite a viking woman, the opera kind. All were very creative and interesting to look at. Unfortunately I spent my evening writing lesson plans for next week because I start teaching lessons, which I am excited for.

Saturday was a much more exciting day. I woke up at 5 to finish writing lessons and then I went to watch cartoons, which was a lot of fun because I have not had the chance to go for the past couple of weeks. I then was able to go to watch a baptism of a boy I used to babysit. I was a lot of fun to talk with all of the kids and to watch a baptism. The spirit was very strong. Thinking back on my own baptism I don't think I appreciated it for was what it was and watching him the spirit bore witness to me that what he was doing was right. I kind of makes me want to go back and do it all over again. After the baptism I went home and studied some more and then went to waffle/movie night. A big group from the ward got together and made waffles and watched a movie. We have a lot of really fun people in the ward. I really hope that I can start doing more with them, because they are funny!

Till next week!

Comments