Three baptisms...two observations...and a Praxis exam in a...

The days and weeks just slip by. This week was filled with many exciting things and some not so exciting things. Monday was my most normal day of the week. Teaching went well in the schools. I am continually learning new techniques and ways to improving my teaching. I have been truly blessed with great mentor teachers. Tuesday was my first of two observations by my professors in charge of us. It was a little scary, but all went well. There was also three baptisms in the ward that evening that I went to, they were all together. Wednesday was my second observation. That too, went well. In the evening I slipped out of work to go to a seminar for teachers. I was able to get some helpful tips for the interview process and things that I should be doing while I am a teacher. Thursday was a very long and boring day. I spent the entire day in a school in South Jordan doing observations for a study that the education department at BYU and UVU are conductring. Basically it was cheap labor. Friday was great because I was nicely suprised by an early out that I had no idea of its existance. I was able to spend some quality time with my teachers planning next week, because I will be teaching at least twice next week all day. That should be interesting. Saturday brought the Praxis which is an exam that education majors have to take in order to be able to teach. I think it went okay, but I won't know the results for about a month. Sunday was busy. It started at 7 with meetings and then I after church I went visiting teaching, made sweet and sour chicken from scratch, and hemmed the pants of a friend in the ward (thanks mom for teaching me how to do a whip stitch!).

This concludes my extremely long paragraph of the events of my week. I look forward to finishing up in the schools and going home for the break!

Oh, and before I forget...funny story. There is love in the fifth grade. Some young man wrote a love song to one of the young ladies in my class. We don't know who it is from, but we are contemplating erasing the girl's name and making copies and posting it around the school to find the "lost ower." All of the teachers want to know who it is from!!

Comments