Two weeks behind, but it was worth it!

I guess I should start off by saying that I am sorry for being two weeks behind with my updates. A lot has happened since my last post, so I will do my best to catch everyone up on the happenings of my life.

Two weeks ago were finals. They started on Monday the 15th and went until Friday. Fortunately my last one was on Thursday, so I was able to leave shortly after that. It is kind of weird to think that I am done with finals forever and classes. Next semester will be student teaching. I am pretty sure this was my best semester for grades, but I am still waiting on a few to be posted.

Thursday I left for Enoch and beat the snow storm, which was really nice. I stayed the night in Enoch and left with my cousin the next day for Yuma, Arizona. We arrived safely in Yuma after a three hour layover at LAX. We got in late that night, so we just went straight to bed. The next day we took a tour of Yuma. We saw old down town, a little bit of new Yuma, California, and the Territorial Prison.

The first picture below is of me entertaining the locals. We were waiting on Erin to finish up in one of the shops so I decided to pass the time by climbing a tree. My cousin then went to tell Erin that she lost me and they both came out looking for me, which was rather funny to watch from the tree. But, it was even funnier when I started moving and she saw me.

The next picture is a couple take a tour of Yuma. I thought it was rather humorous, but very smart. I guess you could say it is sight seeing Yuma style.

The next is of me after a long day of exploration. Yuma has a lot of cool fountains and desert style buildings.

That evening we went to a work party with Erin. If was fun to meet some of the people that she works with, they are an interesting crowd. While at the dinner they had a drawing in which they gave away things such as gift cards, pocket knives, and other manly things. I was the lucky winner of a 182 piece mechanics tool set. Don't ask me what I am going to do with it. Although it has been suggested that I make it part of my dowry.


On Sunday we drove to Pheonix, so Erin could be there in time for an appointment. While there we saw much of Pheonix and the surrounding area and most important the local Ikea. My cousin had never seen one because they do not have them in the Mid-west where she is from. We also took a small detour and saw the Mesa Temple, which was very cool! The next picture is of Erin and I standing by the Mesa Temple.

We made our way home safely on Monday. Tuesday was a down day because Erin had to work. Most of the day was spent relaxing. I managed to fit in a run in Arizona. I can't say it was the most pleasureble experience because their sidewalks are terrible and the wind blows like crazy. It was just a short run.

Wednesday we drove the eight hours home just in time for Santa. Christmas day was filled with the normal traditions. I am quite excited about the fishing pole that I got. I think that it will be interesting to see what kind of craziness I get myself into with it.

Friday was a down day trying to let all the food settle from the previous day. Dad also helped me make guided reading telephones for my classroom. They were supposed to be for my birthday, but hey, it is only five months early. Dad was really on top of things this year!

Saturday was another down day and a day to get ready for heading back to Provo. Part of this included filling up with gas. Well, Enoch only has one gas station now so everyone and their dog was there filling up and half the pumps were out of order, so it took a while to fill up. On the way home the roads were pretty slick and wouldn't you know it I landed in the ditch. I was heading up the hill and I was almost at the top when the back tires lost traction. I swung left and then right which put my back tires in the ditch. Thankgoodness for nice people. Two nice sized gentlemen stopped and pushed me out. I made it home without any other problems, but a little heavy hearted because my wallet was getting less heavy than it was before. I walked in the door and gave dad his dollar. He asked how the truck was as he pocketed the dollar with a smile. The truck is just fine for the readers who are interested in the health and well being of Duchess!

The family also had a Hogan's Heros Marathon. It is nice to laugh with the family! The next pictrue if of the family bonding in the parent's bedroom watching Hogan's Heros.

Sunday I went to an earlier church and left shortly after for home. I made it back without any problems and in good time. The apartment is almost empty and most people are not back from the break, so it is pretty quiet. I did manage to get a roommate to help me make a big pile of snow in the middle of the basketball court! Today when I get bored I am going to make a VERY large snow chair!
Well, this brings me to the end of my two weeks. Hopefully your read wasn't a complete waste of time and that you had a chuckle or two. Until next week! And this time I will be on time!

Comments