One week down...

So this week my life has revolved around teaching. It will be an extremely busy semester, but it should get much better after February because my Teacher Work Sample (TWS) will be turned in. Monday was orientation day, so I did not actually start in the schools until Tuesday.

I should probably introduce my class to you because I will probably be sharing funny things that have happened. They are first graders, which is 6 and 7 year olds. The class is high energy and always on the move. There are five boys need to be constantly prompted to do there work or pay attention. All the students are very loving and caring. One thing to know about this age group is that they are very focused on body humor, meaning belching and the sort. They are so funny to watch, because they will just laugh and laugh and something that really isn't that funny. So my first funny story for you concerns pants. One of the boys in the class came in with his pants on backwards. It is beyond me how he did it because they had a zipper. What is even funnier is the fact that this is not the first time he has come to school with them on backwards, I think it is number five.

My week stays very busy. I may usually gone from about 7 in the morning until 8 or 9 at night depending on the day. It doesn't do my social activeness any good, so I try to make up for it on the weekends. I managed to fit in some time to catch up with friends and to get to know a few of the new people in the ward. We have a lot of recently returned missionaries. It is a lot of fun to watch them go, because they are just getting back into the swing of things.

Not much else goes on in my week. Maybe once I get my new routine down I will have more to tell you!

Comments