Another first!

It was another busy week, which seems to be a consistent pattern for me. I spend most of my days teaching in the preschool. I have really grown to love the students and their individual personalities. Next week I begin my solo teaching. Up to this point the Head teacher has been in the classroom at all times, but starting next week I am doing it all by myself with the 222's students as aides. I still go to work after I teach, but I am not nearly as rushed to get there and I have the chance to work a little more because I am closer to my job.

On Wednesday I had the chance to go a piano performance with a friend. I am not sure how many of you are familiar with the 5 Browns, but they are a group of five siblings that all play the piano. All of them got into Juliard and now they tour around play the piano. I was quite impressed with their playing and their entertainment skills as a whole. Unfortunately for me I got a little ressless after the second encore.

Friday I spent all day preparing for next weeks teaching and helping the 222's do all of their tasks. I also had the chance to go snow shoeing up in the mountains at night. I went with a good friend that I had not seen in a while. It was actually really easy and a lot of fun. I highly recommend it to anyone. One of the reasons why I liked it so much was because we went up into the mountains and were able to see the all the stars. I really miss being in the country where you can see everything. It made me really excited for the summer and having the chance to go camping or star gazing at night.

Saturday was an extremely busy day. I spent several hours getting resume stuff ready and filling out online things so that I can apply with the districts in the surrounding area. I also went to the temple early in the morning, did laundry and all of my shopping including a trip to Walmart to get needed supplies for next weeks lessons. In the evening our ward had an activity of ice skating. It was a lot of fun to be out on the ice and to socialize with people. Afterwards my roommates and some other friends from the ward went to get malts. Then some other friends came over and we chatted and celebrated someone's birthday. It was a great day!

Before I sign off I need to share a story from preschool. We were reading a book called Enemy Pie, I highly recommend the book. To give a brief explanation, it is about a boy who has an enemy and he goes to his dad for help who says that they need to make enemy pie. The son thinks there will be gross things in it, but in actuality it is a normal pie. In the process of this story the son has no idea about the what the dad is doing so he thinks that it is all an elaborate plan to get his enemy. One of the things the dad tells him he has to do is spend a day with his enemy. Well by the end the boy likes his enemy. Now the good part. We were talking about the story and enemies and the question was asked what an enemy was. One student said, "An enemy is a friend you don't know yet." I was completely blown away by it.

Any who...until next week's adventure!

Comments