Easy as pie!

So this was a great week! I had three days off from teaching so that I could finish up my 48 page teacher work sample. It is hard to believe that I wrote that much in a short six weeks. I as so glad that it is done with and turned in. As well I started at my new placement, the kids were out so I did not actually have to teach, just prepare and get orientede. I am so much closer, and am so excited to be able to get a little bit more sleep. Oh, as a side note I did not post anything last week because our internet has not been working for the past several days. By the time the complex got everything fixed the week was almost over.

Because of the nice break I took the opportunity to do some fun things! Monday was dedicated to finishing and turning in my TWS, but after that was done I took a deep breath and then a nap. Tuesday was so much fun because Carolyn and I went to the Draper Temple open house. It had been a while since I had been to an undedicated temple, so it was nice to see the upper rooms. The inside was absolutely beautiful. The Celestial room was about 50 feet high and gorgeous! For those reading this and not understanding Temples and what I am talking about...Temples are a place where work is done for people who have pass on before us to give them the chance to have their saving ordinances done and also for the living to go through to do those things that need to be done in order to return to live with our Heavenly Father, being married for time and all eternity. After that we went out to dinner. The pictures below are of the temple and Carolyn and I on the bus.

Wednesday I had my meeting to meet my new professors since I am switching to the Early Childhood portion of my Student teaching. They seem very nice and it will be fun to see how things turn out with a different group of girls. Thursday and Friday I spent all day in the preschool on campus because that is where I am now, getting aquainted with the new setting and starting to plan what I will be doing.

Friday I went to Orem as usual and had a very nice dinner with Holly and some of her friends, who I found quite humorous. Saturday was awesome because I went to the Provo reception for my friends who just got married. It was so much fun to be with them and catch up with friends who I haven't seen in a while. After the reception I went to a silent movie, "The Mark of Zorro." I am a huge Zorro fan and the atmosphere was just fun because you got to boo and hiss at the movie and basically talk to the movie, which is perfect for me. My favorite part was when the Caballaros, land owners, were pledging to side with Zorro they all stood up on their chairs put one leg on the table and made a toast, so fun! Also because I had time I decided to go running and boy did I go running. I went twelve miles in one short. I pretty much ran from my place in Provo to Holly's house in Orem. I am a little sore, I'm feeling some muscles that I did not know existed. After doing this I think I am going to run a half marathon this summer just to say I have done it!

Sunday was a good day as well because we finished up the bulk of our visiting teaching interviews. For me it was a very positive experience because I was able to see progress in the sisters and progress in general in getting them heading in the right direction. So it was a fabulous week, filled with lots of laughter and sleep.

Comments