Five days left!

So...I have five days left of school and I am still not sure how I feel about it. I think things would be a little better if I had a job, but let's not get into that!

Here are my funny stories for the Preschool! As I mentioned last week prayer time is always interesting and I learn new things every day about the innerworkings of a five year old mind. One little girls that is a little advanced for her age (you'll get what I mean shortly) gave a delightfully funny prayer. In her prayer she said, "Please bless Max that he will ask me out." Then she proceeded to say amen.

I also mentioned last post that body parts and functions are a common topic for this age. One day at the end when I was helping the kids get ready for their parents I was fortunate enough to hear from behind me, "Will you wipe my bum." The bathrooms are in the classroom. I turned around to see one of the boys with his pants around his ankles standing out where everyone could see him. It is a darn good thing that I did a lot of babysitting growing up or I might have been a little flustered. I promptly helped him back into the privacy of the bathroom and gave him some toilet paper and told him to wipe his own bum. One of the moms who was standing right there chuckled as she said, "Well, if you had any questions about male anatomy, now you know."

The final and funniest story in my opinion happened during our lesson on the organs. I chose to teach the students a few major organs, where they are located in the body and what they did. One organ was the small and large intestines. I pointed out on my body where it was in connection to our stomach which we just talked about and one little boy who has two volumes, loud and screeching, said, "Oh, that's right above my manhood." Yes, yes it is. Well, I was doing great until I looked at one of the aides who was laughing and of course I started to laugh as well. And he just looked at me with his beautiful, brown eyes and smile with a look of confusion because it really is above his manhood and is nothing to laugh about.

In other news, I do have one week left of teaching and then I have a two week break before graduation completely final free. It makes all the headache and hassel of the teacher work sample worth it. It was a relatively quiet week with the normal happenings. I did have a prescreening interview with a school district, so I will at least be in the hiring pool for that district. I also had a first of going to a men's volleyball game. I think I liked it better than football because I can actually follow what is going on. It also helped that I went with my mentor teacher who is hallarious and another 222 who is really funny and happens to share my name.

Any way I hope you all are enjoying this fabulous conference weekend, because I sure am!

Comments