I never thought this day would come!

It has been a very quiet week. I never thought the day would come that I have free time to read. Let me tell you...I have read to my little heart's content. I have lost track of how many books I have read. I have loved every single one of them. It is kind of funny because I will be talking to people and they will say, "wait I thought you reading a book about...". I find it rather humorous. I can't believe how many amazing books can come out in a few short years.

The majority of my time is spent reading books. I fill in the rest of my time job hunting for jobs in the fall for teaching and a summer job. Both are proving to be more difficult than I expected. For both I need to be patient. I am thinking that things will pick up in the next two weeks or so for a teaching job, but I may have to wait until the end of May for a summer job.

This week in my life I said good bye to my best friend, who is going to serve a mission in Florida. The break was easier than I thought it would be, but I did shed some tears. I had my last presidency meeting, which is a real relief. I am grateful for all that I learned, but I am glad not to be shouldering the responsibility any more. I also had my exit interview for student teaching, which went well. I have two amazing letters from my advisors, which will help in getting a job. Last, but not least, I went to Salt Lake with Holly and some other friends to the Cathedral at the Madeleine. They have a festival every year and this year the Mormon Tabernacle sang on the first night. The Temple Square Orchestra was there too and I was so happy to be there. Everything was amazing. They sang some of my favorite songs and ended with 'Come Thou Fount' which is my most favorite song.

And to top it off I got to see my hero! It sounds kind of weird because it isn't a hero that you would think of. She is the flutest for the orchestra. If you have watched any of the Christmas devotionals or Conference in the past six years you have probably seen her. In high school I wanted to be just like her because she got to play at everything and be so close to the prophet and she is an incredible flutist. Any way, Holly and I were out waiting for friends and she walked by and I kind of just stood there looking at her and I am pretty sure thought I was crazy, but in my head I walked up to her and took her had and said that I was her biggest fan and she wasn't weirded out all.

So that is my life in a nutshell. I am sure that next week I will prove to be interesting with graduation and all that jazz.

Comments

kwistin said…
You have an awesome attitude, Whitney. I am proud of you for taking so many abrupt changes so well.

It's something we can all learn from.