Another week...another hike!

This was my last week without a job. I will start working my summer job on Monday, thank goodness. I am really glad to be getting started because I was starting to get really bored. My week was pretty routine and nothing really out of the ordinary happened. The fun was this weekend.

A group of us decided to go to Zion National Park and do some hiking. It was a quick trip because people had class and work. We left of Friday night and went down to Enoch. We spent the night in Enoch and then woke up early the next morning and went to Zion. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I will hopefully have some for you next week. We had a few snags to start off, but then things went smoother. So apparently national parks are never free, even if the nice park lady on the phone says there is no cost. It took up forever to find the free parking to take the free bus, which did not take us into the free park. Instead we got back on the free bus and found our cars in the free parking lot and then drove our cars in because it was way cheaper. Because folks...it is not free!

We hoped on the bus in the park and went to Angel's Landing which was so much fun. You truly are hanging out with the angels. The hike was not bad at all. I think this is easily my most favorite hike that I have been on. Don't get me wrong, this is an intense hike not for those that are afraid of heights and you do need to be some what fit, but it doesn't kill you and is doesn't take the five hours that the website tells you it does. It took us about four hours total and we did a lot of messing around and taking pictures on the way up.

After making it back we decided to finish the bus tour and then head down to Emerald Pools, which was fabulous. There were some really cool repellers working their way down and I decided that someday if I ever get the chance I am going to do a repell like that. I have no idea how far of a drop it was, but they looked like tiny little people from the ground. We were all pretty beat after this so we went home had dinner and then headed home. Everyone was really appreciative of the food and sleeping conditions...so thanks moma and dad...you rock.

So that was my week. Still no luck on a job for the fall, but I am still working on it.

Comments