Communing with the Gods!

It was a hard week at work. The kids were difficult to manage. Part of the reason is because they feel comfortable with us, meaning the honeymooning stage is over. The other part is because a bunch of our male staff took the week off for vacations and some of the kids respond better to males. I had to get mean with one of the kids because he was being very disrespectful. He rules the roost at home and he thinks that he can get away with the same thing at camp. Well, he doesn't know me very well, because he wouldn't follow instructions and he started getting really sassy at the pool so I made him get out of the pool and sit, while the rest of us had fun. It should be interesting to see what happens on Monday. His mother is very interesting to deal with. She has asked that we stop doing the things that would really help him to succeed because "he is as good as he is going to get". Which in my opinion is a load of you know what...but we won't get into that.

We had a ward activity that was a lot of fun. It was there that I realized that I am really brown. I was standing next to some people and they are really white. I don't know which side of the family to thank for my tanning abilities, but thanks.

In Utah Pioneer Day is huge. So, I didn't have work on friday. Because of the long weekend I was able to do some hiking. I chose to hike Mt. Olympus with is near Salt Lake. I went with some friends and we started at six in the morning with means that I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning in order to get to the trail head. I think it was well worth it because it was very hot on the hike back.

This particular view is from the very top of the mountain. In the distance you can see The Great Salt Lake and most of the Salt Lake Valley. This mountain is about 600 feet less than than Mt. Timpanogas, 4200 ft. elevation change. The only difference is that instead of having 12 miles to make the change you have 3 miles. So it was rather steap.

Next weekend I am planning on going to an institute summit, which means it is a bunch of stakes put together and then spend a weekend having fun and listening to speakers. So, I should have some good things to share.

Comments