Fourth of July fun!

The fun aspect of my life happens on the weekends mostly. I spent the week working and waiting for the weekend. The kids where wonderful this week. We really didn't have too many issues that we had to deal with. A funny side story that is actually an issue that we had to deal with concerns one of the boys. David is in his late teens and he has developed a crush on one of the female staff. He had a couple of days where he had meltdowns and did some things that he knows better. Well the staff was tired of dealing with him so they worked it out that he could spend time with this staff if he behaved well. Previously, they had been separated for obvious reasons. So during the week he could earn time with this staff. She was a really good sport about it. We all just laughed about it because the whole thing is a riot, because when we say that he can earn time with her he stops whatever he is doing and does what he is supposed to.

A good friends and old roommate was married earlier this week. The receptions was very nice. It was kind of funny because most of the guests were their family and old people so I was one of the few "young ones".

When the weekend hit a group of us went up to Salt Lake to watch a fireworks display. It was a lot of fun because their was live music and food. It was like a neighborhood party with several thousand people present. Oh, and an only in Utah story. While we were packing up to leave an old Young Women's leader walked by. It took me a second to realize who it was, but then I went right up to her and gave her a big hug. It was funny because she didn't know it was me so she had this "who is this crazy person coming at me" look on her face until she recognized me. It was great to see the family and how much they have changed and grown.

Saturday I had a very realaxing day to myself, where I did yard work (that's for you dad). I never thought that I would like doing yard work but I do! That evening I went to the Provo fireworks display with a group from the ward. It was also very well done. In all I have to say that I really enjoyed the holiday weekend and celebrating the freedoms that I enjoy living in the USA.

Comments