Who would have thought...

So, I now have my key to the classroom and I was able to start getting the classroom organized. I figured I would have everything organized and ready by the end of the this week or the middle of next week. Not so. Did you know that in order to put books out you need to do more than just put them on the shelf? I didn't. This is what I was thinking as I was trying to put the books on the shelf.

Whit's brain: "Alphabetical order...no can't do that because there are different level readers in the classroom. Divide them up...not enough space. Wait do I want to keep some books in reserve? Do I pull out the nonfiction books and set those aside? How do I want the kids to put them back on the shelves? Do they even know what alphabetical order is?"

The clock: Tick...Tick...Tick (45 minutes later)

Whit's brain: "Well, that took longer than I expected. Who would have thought putting books on a shelf would be so hard."

If you are thinking that I am stressing out I am not. Maybe a little. But by far my brain is just thinking I should have taken my professors more seriously when they said that it would take a long time to get stuff set up.

Any who...my week stayed really busy. I started running again after being sick for two weeks. It is amazing how much you loose after just a few short weeks. Work with the kids progresses and continues to be fun. They are finally understanding that I mean what I say and that I am not going to let them get off with being bad. They my have disabilities, but they sure know how to work the system.

On Saturday I went to a ward smoothy party and I got to help in the kitchen. I have never really been into smoothies, but after this experience I may have to invest in a blender so that I can make somre because they are sure good! I have some pictures that I will try to put up as soon as I load them on my computer.

Comments

Whitney said…
I love hearing how your mind thinks :D