A day late...but so much to say.

Sorry for the late update. The weekend was crazy as you will soon discover. My week in general was very busy. I fit in a lot of extras besides the normal routine of work, family home evening, and institute. With out further delay...

Monday I went to the doctor to get my foot x-rayed because it was thought to be broken. Thank goodness it is not broken. The doctor is still unsure of what exactly is wrong with my foot, but his best guess is that I pull something in my foot, which sounds good to me. Instructions...no running or hiking or any other strenuous activities for two weeks. I am really ready for a run, but me being the good girl I am have follow the doctor's orders (a.k.a I fear my mother so I follow the doctor so she doesn't have to tell me to stay off my foot.)

Tuesday held a birthday party for a friend. We celebrated with raspberry ice cream delight that is really good and super easy to make.

Wednesday there was a dance party that I went to, but did not stay too long because of my foot, which was a bummer because it was hopping.

Thursday there was Jet's babyshower. It was fun to see family and to celebrate the coming birth of Brad and Jet's baby.

Friday was bitter sweet because it was the last day at my summer job. There were days where it was really hard and I really didn't want to deal with the kids and the parents, but it was worth all of the headache because I learned a lot about people and working with them and more of what I am capable of doing. After work I was able to babysit a friends baby. It had been a little while since I have watched a baby, but it came back quickly and it was a blast.

After that I drove to South Jordan for an Institute Summit. It's like EFY for Young Single Adults. It was a blast. Friday Bijio Grill provided dinner; it's a lot like Cafe' Rio. Then there was a comedian named Jason Hewlitt who was halarious. He did impressions of different singers from the past several decades including The Beegies, Evis, Journey, and Cher. He would change the songs up a little bit and added in some amazing dance moves. I laughed a lot.

Saturday was busy. Whitney (my friend who I was staying with) and I went to the Jordan River Temple, which was quite beautiful. I had never been and it was great to be there and enjoy the spirit that can be felt in any temple. After the temple we went to a farmer's market that was really small and not that impressive, but at least I can say that I have been to a farmer's market. Then we went to a carnival with rock walls, obstacle course and a pie eating contest. I climbed the rock wall which was a ton of fun and I looked really cool because my scab on my knee broke open and I had blook running down my leg. We did tug of war and I stayed dry which was nice, and then we did a pie eating contest with our group. It actually wasn't pie it was just pudding with whipped topping, which reminded me of one of my favorite past times, jello snarfing. Because of the similarities guess who won...yet ME! That was kind of cool.

After dinner David Christensen, who is an institute director spoke to up about the need to make the decision of which side we will be on, the world's or the Lord's, because you can no longer be a fence sitter. Then was a Jon Schmidt concert. I had never really heard of him, until now. He is LDS and takes familiar or creates his own piano music and it is just amazing. To see his latest, Love Story by Taylor Swift and Viva La Vida by Cold Play go to www.youtube.com and type in Jon Schmidt Love story and click on one the first one you see...the result will be magical.

He ended up played thirty minutes over his time and it was amazing. We sat really close to the stage so I coulf feel the vibrations from the speakers.

Sunday Whitney and I baked cookies and then went to her ward for Sacrament meeting. I was really impressed with her ward and how friendly everyone was. After church we went to Temple Square and a fireside by Alex Boye. He is LDS as well from England who sings in the Tabernacle Chior. This man as soul! After the fireside we headed back to South Jordan where I said my goodbyes and left for Provo.

I came back and put my things away then went to bed...because I was tired. I do not have any of the pictures yet so I will try to get some up soon so you can see was EFY for Young Single Adults looks like.

Comments