It's go time!

Dear Readers...It's go time! I spent the week mostly in my classroom getting lesson plans ready for this coming week. I am very happy to report the successful completion of all lesson plans and preparation. I also continued to get things organized in the apartment after having moved. I am quite happy with the results. Although I have come to the conclusion that it is a very square apartment.

Towards the end of the week, so friends that had been gone for the summer returned so I caught up with them. It is nice to have them back. Speaking of old friends...it is the time of year to make new friends, because everyone has moved. There has been a lot of getting to know you sessions. They get wearisome after a while. They are not my most favorite thing in the world to do.

It is also the time of year where the seasons change. I know that fall is almost here because I have had a very strong desire to make apple pie. So perhaps in the next week or two if I have time I will make some apple pie. It will have to be on a Sunday because I am starting another dessert challenge. There is a group of who will be doing this health challenge for twelve weeks. So that means no more desserts and lots of exercise. I can't say that exercise is too much of a change, but the desserts is always a challenge for me. I have a real sweet tooth.

I am going to post pictures of my classroom this week and hopefully the kids will start saying funny things for me to share. I heard a good one though from another teacher friend. One of her kids had a loose tooth and he asked her to punch him in the mouth...she of course said no...and he came back with a would you do if for five dollars. Gotta love the kids!

Until the next posting!

Comments

Parental Units said…
Tell your friends student that dad would do it for five bucks.
Unknown said…
So Whit...a kid in my new class asked me to punch him in the mouth today! Oh joy :D