Week one is done!

I made it through the first week of school. It was touch and go, but I made it through and I am going back for round two on Tuesday. It was nothing like I expected it to be. I had to go back and reorganize my schedule and other things in order to accommodate. Teaching at this school is like homeschooling someone elses kids; it is nothing like the public school and that was part of my problem. I was so ingrained in the public school way of doing things that I missed the boat completely. I had a good chat with an old professor and she helped me work through some problems and to realize that what I am experiencing is completely normal. All teachers go through these things there first year.

On a lighter note, some funny things that happened are I was called mom, the kids had a competition with the rings on the playground to see who could bounce back and forth the most times. They would be counting every recess all recess and the final number was 52. I don't know how they have enough energy. My favorite quote goes as follows:

Miss Whitney: "You are all a bunch of silly gooses."
Katie: I'm not a silly goose.
Miss Whitney: If you're not a silly goose then what are are you?
Katie: I am a chicken!

My life has pretty much revolved around trying to get things organized for school. I did go on a date on Saturday that was fun. It was a little weird because the guy was a year younger than me. I just got home from his mission at the beginning of the year. It makes me feel a little old. Oh, and BYU won their game against Oklahoma which was ranked number three. Provo errupted into riotous behavior with honking and converging at the stadium. I stayed home and built a tent instead.

I will give you a full update of week two...maybe there will be some funny stories!

Comments