Three days off really makes a difference!

This was our firt full week back after Fall Break. Boy...let me tell you that three days off really makes a difference in teaching. I am not looking forward to coming back after Christmas break. The kids were really 'off' not following directions and lessons didn't seem to go as well because they were not focusing and because I was not on my 'A' game. So, I spent much of Thursday and Friday rethinking and organizing things to see if it will work any better. I am grateful that I do have a lot of flexibility to explore and try new things in this setting.

We did start talking about Vikings this week. The kids really got into it and want to learn about the different things they did and things they used in their daily lives. Hopefully they will be able to get into things as much as they did with the other project. But, don't be worried because there is plenty of other learning going on as well. I was going through the assessment book and thinking how much we have already done this year and we have only been going at it for about 2 months. Funny story. In math were started learning about money. I was teaching them about the different types of money and showing them the differences between the different coins. I got the nickel and asked them who was on the front to see if they knew. They weren't getting it so I gave them the clue of Thomas. Right away one of the them shouted out Thomas S. Monson. That got a laugh. I thought it was really funny and cute. But, also a pat on the back for mom and dad because that is who he thought of, they must be doing something right.

This weekend was Homecoming. I really didn't do much with it, because I am no longer on campus or involved with anything along those lines any more. But, I did watch some of the parade. Luckily it came right in front of my apartment, so I didn't have to go very far.

I was able to sleep in on Saturday. I didn't set my alarm at all. I can't remember the last time that I didn't set my alarm. It was so nice to wake up when my body said that it was time to get up. It is amazing how eight hours of sleep really makes a difference in your mood and general outlook on life. I was able to finish some things that I have put off like cleaning and organizing, as well as work on some other things. That evening I had a girl's night with an old roommate, which was a blast. We made dinner and then watched a chick flick. It was so nice to just catch up and talk about life and spend time together. It made me really miss the good old days. Four years is not enough time to fully experience college. No wonder people say that the college years are so good. They are over before you know it and you have to move on before you can fully take everything in. Oh, well.

That is about all on my part. Hope you all are doing well and have a great Halloween week.

Comments