Big week!

This week was a busy one as we finished up our Viking project. We had a lot of final things to finish up as we prepared for the parents to come into the class and see everything that we have learned. The kids were so funny as they came in on Friday dressed as Vikings. There is a picture of the boat below that the kids made of a Viking longboat that is to scale. Kids can be so creative. Funny thing that happend this week, at least I find humor in it. It reminds me of how incent children can be and how simple their minds are. The kids have been on a kickball craze. We play at every recess, every day. I am the designated pitcher, because we decided that it wasn't fair if I played because all I do is kick homeruns. Well one of the boys was throwing the ball to me and this is what I saw...boy tossing ball in air towards me...followed shortly by boy belly flopping on the ground. I was kind of confused how gravity could get the best of him like that because he was only throwing the ball to me. So, I asked him what happened. He looked at me with all seriousness and said, "I was trying to do one of those head thingys." All I could do was nod my head.

This week was also the last week of my health challenge. I can honestly say that I am glad that it is over with. I am really excited that I will not have to drink so much water. All I ever did was drink water and go to the bathroom. It will also be nice to have sugar whenever I want. Though I think I am going to try to cut back on the sugar, just because I liked not having to have the treat every time I saw it.

On Monday for FHE we went to the BYU dinosaur museum. It is small, but there are some cool things inside. I definately would not want to get eaten by any of the things I saw inside. In institue we finished up talking about the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi. I kind of enjoyed learning about it, but I know that I still hae a long way to go before I really understand his words, not that anyone could ever fully understand his words. I went to the temple on Wednesday and had the nice experience of a regular worker remembering my name. It is kind of nice to go and have someone call you by name. I have decided that in my old age I want to work in the temple all the time. I think it would be a fun and meaningful way to spend the rest of my days. Thursday I had dinner with a good friend Jenny. I found out that she finally was able to find a job, but that means she is going to move away. Granted she will only be in Ogedan, but she isn't just next door. I will really miss her because we have had some real adventures together. Friday I went to the wedding reception of a very good friend. They are amazing and you know they will be one of those power couples. After that I went to another friend's house to watch a movie. Saturday was a good busy day, because it started off at the temple at 6 (I know twice in one week), then finished cleaning for cleaning checks, and off to Holly's to sift more dirt, rake and do laundry. By the end of the day I just wanted to finish preparing for my Relief Society lesson and go to bed.

My lesson went well in Relief Society. You never really know how things went, because people are always going to say nice things to you about it, but I heard some reports of people actually doing the challenge that I left them. That really made me happy inside.

Any who...I am am going to sign off...have an amazing Thanksgiving!

Comments