I should have been born a Roman!

This weeks highlight was definately the fact that I finished a half marathon. A couple of girls from the ward and I drove down to Cedar and stayed at the parents house. We dad good food and free sleeping accomodations for the weekend. I must say that everything was quite wonderful and it made me really excited to go home for Thanksgiving. I have run 13.1 miles on my own, but this is the first time that I have ever paid to run it. I am proud to say that I finished in 2 hours and 12 minutes. I stayed true to my ten minutes per mile. I learned two things while running.
1. The cooler your running gear is the tuffer you look.
2. If you are given the chance to take water, take it! Don't be stupid and think that you don't need it.

I would have to say that the weekend was a success. We all made it home safely without any real lasting damage and the girls really seemed to like mom and dad. So...way to go mom and dad for being cool!

Teaching went well this week. The kids continue to make progress. I am excited to see them progress and move forward, especially in their reading. My first graders just moved up to another reading level, which means that it is harder and that they are both understanding their reading!! I also played kickball with the kids. They really get into their game. It does not matter if their is only five kids there, they make up rules to accomodate their needs and then they will just play their little hearts out.

That was my week! I hope you all are enjoying the wonderful weather!

Comments