Just like the old days...

It was a fairly routine week at school. We finished up a couple of subject areas and are winding down our big project on weather. It is hard to believe that we are finished with the month of January. February will fly by because it is so short and we have a nice break over Valentine's Day weekend. I have decided to go home and visit the family, and things are already being planned for me to do (thanks Bub). I think the kids are starting to feel the Winter blues and are getting tired of staying inside all the time. I will admit, I am getting tired of being help hostage by the cold weather.

The funny event of the week has to be the prank that a former roommate and a current roommate played on my room roommate. I came home on Wednesday to a wall built in my room and half of the room filled with newspaper, balloons, and shredded paper. I was quite impressed. It was pretty messy to clean up.

The weekend was very busy. I was able to babysit a family that I used to watch when I was in high school. It was the younger generation that I was watching, but they are still just as funny and energetic as the older generation. Case and point...five minutes after I got there one of the boys pulled a WWF flying elbows to the ribs. I thought for sure someone would start crying, but they hopped right back up and started chasing each other again. Ahh...just like the good old days.
On Saturday a group of us made blakets as our service project for our free Disney tickets. It ended up costing more than we thought, but I thought it was fun and I enjoy making blakets. There was also a fun dinner party that evening. I finished up the night by watching season 2 episode one of BBC's Robin Hood. It is an amazing show, that I wish was still on. I highly recommend this to all of you adventure types!

So...that was my week. I am posting pictures below of the prank and as promised my finished scarf.

Comments