Short week!

It was a short week! I have decided that every week should be a short week. There is something about knowing that you will not have to go to work the day after Sunday that is magical. On Monday, I went running in the morning and then had breakfast and a show with friends, followed by errands, baking oreos (thanks Holly for the recipe), and my personal favorite...I finished my scarf. It took some doing, but I finally finished the scarf that I have been working on. I am quite proud of it and I don't think it looks too bad for the first thing I have knitted. I will have to put a picture of it on my blog. I decided to continue to practice knitting with another scarf and then I am going to finish the bandage that I started all those years ago in Young Womens. We will see how far I can get with the bandage. If all goes well then I want to do a blanket, not a big one, but one for a child.

School went well this week. I had a lot of fun with different experiments and demonstrations that help the kids understand the different types of weather and how they happen. We did everything from making clouds in a bottle to making lightning. I am most proud of the lightning. It took me forever to figure out how to get it to work. I recommend you try it. All you have to do break mint or peppermint Life Savor candy with pliers in a dark room and you will see a blue flash of light. It is so cool and you feel cool for creating lightning. The kids continue to work with cursive. I really like teaching cursive, because it requires so little effort on my part and the kids magically pick it up because they want to. They also started working with graphs. Of all the ones we have worked with they seem to like Venn Diagrams the most. Even at my age, I would have to agree with them. Venn diagrams are simple to make and interpret, not like some of the other ones.

In the way of socialness...Monday was spent chilling with friends, I sat with a couple of friends at institure that I haven't seen in a while, Saturday was girls night (complete with Chinese food and a Chinese movie) followed by late night sledding.

Next week I get to babysit for a family I used to watch when I was in High School. I excited about that...so be looking for a full report next Sunday!

Comments