I love dance!

The week went by quickly. We had some funny moments in the class. I will tell you about two of them. One of the boys and I was talking about how his mom was alwasy studying. I asked him what she was studying and he said that she was reading a book on play dough. I thought this was a strange thing, because let's face it, is there really that much to learn about play dough. Well, then it dawned on me that he was talking about Plato. I thought it was rather humorous. The second thing happened on Friday. We had to stay in because the weather was bad outside. The kids were playing football and they had stuffed balls in their shirts to pretend it was muscle and padding. It was so funny!

I also made oreos for them. I had brought some for my lunch a couple of weeks ago and they asked about them, so I decided to make some to share with them. I wasn't sure if they would like them, but it turned out to be a success.

Most of my week was spent reading book on Literacy in the classroom. I decided that I needed to brush up on some of my knowledge, so I found some books to look through. It turned out to be really interesting and I learned a lot.

By the time the weekend hit I was ready for it. I went to an art show of a friend on Friday evening. Saturday was really busy. I started off up in Orem. Then I went to a church building on Provo to help set up for a dance recital of a friend. Ran home to change for a wedding reception, which we got terribly lost and spent almost thirty minutes wondering around trying to find it. After that I went back to Provo to watch the dance recital. It was so good. I really enjoyed it. One of these days I am going to get back in dance. I have found a place that I can do it at, at a low cost. It just made me very happy watching the girls on stage. Oh, the good old days!

This next week should be fun. I have been informed that Brian will be teaching me how to partner dance, which should be interesting. You would think that I would be able to dance with a partner since I spent so much time in dance growing up. Oh, well...we will just have to see how it goes.

Have a great week!

Comments