Kids are so cool!

It was a relatively easy week teaching. The kids continue to work very hard on their play. It is really cool to see it come together. The play is based off of an African tale about Anansi is the spider. They are so creative in figuring out ways to put a play on with only five kids.

One of the coolest experiences this week happened at the end of the day as I was reading Dawn Treader, a Narnia book. At the end of the book the children in the story are sad; they will never be able to come to Narnia to see Aslan the Lion again. They discover that Aslan is in the childrens' world as well and the whole point of them coming to Narnia is so they could come to know him so they would recognize him in their world. My students didn't understand this and asked me what it meant. The school is a religious private school, so we can talked about religion. I told them that Aslan was a symbol of Jesus Christ. I kid you not...their eyes lit up and they said, "You mean when he was killed by the White Witch and came back to life...that was like the resurrection?" I was shocked they would even understand that Aslan was a symbol of Christ and even more so that they would think of the resurrection. This experience I believe is a credit to their parents and the teaching that is happening in the home.

I also prepared a lesson for Relief Society. We discussed personal revelation. I felt very inadequate as I was teaching, because all this week I have been think of how far I need to go still to work on understanding and heading the promptings of the Spirit. The lesson itself went well. While at church I had a nice suprise. I went to talk with a sister in our ward and someone with a baby came down the isle waving at me. It took me for a loop and then I realized it was Jet, Brad's wife. It was so nice to see them and their baby.

The disappointing thing of the week is that my Percy Jackson books didn't come in the mail like they were supposed to. I was so excited to get them, and then they didn't come. Oh, well. The best things are always worth waiting for.

The family will be coming through on their way up to Logan for Brian. My vote is that he comees to BYU, but we will just have to wait and see what he says.

Hope you had a wonderful week!

Comments