Kids say the darnedest things...

I would like to start off with my new favorite teaching story. The kids are working on country reports and have been researching all week. One of my students is researching Brazil. In talking with her this was our conversation.

Me: "Let's look at your questions and find something to start with."

Student: "Let's start with language...wait I know what language they speak in Brazil...porkuhgeez."

Me: Laughing

I did feel bad about laughing in front of her, but she was so darn funny. I am still laughing about porkuhgeez. In case you haven't figured it out she was trying to say portuguese. Hopefully she isn't scarred for life.

This week I was able to spend time with my best friend's sisters. We went to dinner and then back to my place to watch 'Princess and the Frog.' Such a good movie! Ray is still my favorite character. I also went with some friends and saw 'The Blind Side.' I heard good reports about it before hand and was not disappointed. I also had another girl's night on Friday night and once again I stayed up way to late.

Perhaps the highlight of my week was attending the Krishna Temple. Some friends and I went to yoga. I ended up coming away with a new respect for people with different faiths and gratitude for what I know and the gospel in my life.

Any who that was my week...until next time.

Comments