Spring break here I come!

I have the upcoming week off, because of Spring break and I am so excited. It is really hard from when we come back from Christmas to the end of the year because there are so few breaks. After the break I have six and half weeks left and then I will be officially finished with my first year of teaching!



We had an exciting beginning of the week. I came to school on Monday to find two inches of water on the floor and it wasn't the nice rainy smelling kind...it with the stinky sewer kind. We spent two hours cleaning up the mess. When the kids got to school the floors were still wet, so we had the first half of the day outside. I felt like a pioneer teaching on the plains. I am grateful that the weather was so nice. Despite all of this it was business as usual. The kids present their reports on their countries and we had dishes from around the world. When we come back from break we will start our last project on dinosaurs.

Socially this week it was the same as always. Family home evening on Monday, Institute on Tuesday, and the temple on Wednesday. I was able to go to the Sunday afternoon session of conference in Salt Lake. I love attending the live session and see the prophet and apostles. It is something that I will never tire of. While in Salt Lake I saw my first protester. Honestly I was not impressed with what they were saying. I don't think their reasoning was very sound and it really didn't make sense. It was a little sad to see them.

Any who...the coming week should be relaxing with lots of book reading!

Comments