May!

It is hard to believe it is May. The countdown is three weeks and four days until I have officially finished my first year of teaching. I was thinking about it this week and I am not the same type of teacher that I was when I graduated a year ago. I continue to wait patiently for things to come up. I have applied at several schools in the area, but I am not sure if anything will come of it. I have my fingers crossed.

Probably the biggest thing I did this week was run a 5k. I haven't done a road race since last year, and it was fun. About half way through we started to get pelted with tiny, sharp hail. Despite that it was still and good experience and they made us french toast at the end that was really good. My time improved by almost a minute, which was kind of cool for me. I decided that I needed to work on my pace to see if I can improve it to a better time. Easier said than done.

I also went to volunteer at a crisis nursery. It was a lot of fun to play with the kids, but sad, because I knew that all of them came from troubled homes and would have a hard future ahead of them.

After careful thought and consideration I have decided that I would like to live in the Provo Library. I spent some time on Saturday browsing through vast selection of books and came home with a nice stack that will keep me occupied for the next couple of weeks. I am not an impulse shopper, but when it comes to library books I am extremely impulsive!

This next week should be easy at school and hopefully the weather will be nicer, so that I can do more outside running.

Until next week!~

Comments