Great news!

I am very happy to announce that I have found a position in the Alpine School District teaching kindergarten for next year. Alpine is a great school district and after meeting with the other kindergarten teachers and principle, I believe the school will be just a wonderful.

Compared to finding a job for next year, everything else that happened this week is small stuff. We only have one more practice and game before the season is over with, which is kind of sad. I enjoyed being able to help out. I also went to Jump on it! which is a giant building filled with trampolines. I jumped for about an hour and a half and paid for it for the next few days. I was sore in places I didn't know could be sore.

I have also been working hot and heavy in my classroom trying to get things organized. Part of the joy of being a new teacher is that you get the classroom that all the junk is put, so I have been going through and cleaning stuff out. As well, there are things that I need to do to prepare for the new year that take a lot of time.

Many of you are aware that the World Cup is happening. Well, a couple of my friends are HUGE soccer fans, so I have been introduced to the world of soccer. I had the chance to go to a Salt Lake Real game on Friday night with some of them. I think I like soccer better than football (sorry to all the football fans I have offended). I can follow what is happening better in the soccer game and there aren't as many calls. It is highly unlikely that I will ever become a die hard fan of anything unless it involves some sort of dancing.

I also went to a friend's house and had dinner and watched a movie. That pretty much wraps up my week. I hope all is well with you!

Comments

kwistin said…
AAAGGGGHHH!!!!! Whit, I am SO super happy for you! Congratulations. I'm so proud and so glad this opportunity has opened up, and even more glad that you feel it is right.

What a lucky district Alpine is for getting such a fine teacher and individual of such high caliber.... :)