A broken window...

So...the window in our front room is boarded up, because it was broken. These are some of the stories floating around to explain the broken window.

1: Boy...when my roommate hits a high C...she hits and high C.
2: We're redecorating.
3: We just got so angry that we hit the window.
4: Batman came through the front window.

Stay posted for the real story!

I am writing today, because I will be in Hawaii for the next two Sundays and I wanted to make sure that something got posted.

Work has been good but challenging. The kids are really testing the limits and trying to get away with things that they know better than to try to pull, especially with me. We continue to work with them in the hopes that they will improve and learn something
. It will be my last day of working with them this Friday and it is kind of bitter sweet. I do enjoy working with them.

I finished my second blanket yesterday. It is much lighter than the first one. I think I almost like this one better. There is a picture of it below. My nex
t project will be to work on the bandage that I started years ago in Young Womens. I think I am going to send a picture to my old Young Women's President to let her see.

I made some real progress in my classroom this week. All of the walls are covered with paper and I am almost ready to hang posters on the walls and put up the boarders. It's looking more and more like a classroom. It is my hope to get everything up before the end of the month, which means this Friday.

Other than work, institute, and my classroom nothing else has happened. EXCEPT, for the amazing broken window story. So, here it is. My roommates and I were sitting in the front room chilling. We had the front windows and blinds open to let as much air in as possible, because we don't have any A.C. It was dark out and we couldn't see anyone outside. Well, a male friend came up to the window and tried to scare up by slapping the window. You would think that wouldn't be so bad, but boy, did we get a scare. We all screamed and then sat silently as we contemplated the fact that we were covered in tiny glass shards. He didn't mean to break the window, but he did. No one was seriously hurt, only minor, minor injuries (you can breathe easier mom) and a massive whole in our front window. So, it is boarded up with lovely plywood!
Hopefully, I will have lots of good Hawaii pictures for you the next time I write!!!

Comments