The end is here!

This week marked the end of my summer freedom. I spent many hours in my classroom working on things and trying to get it looking presentable enough to have parents bring their kids in for testing. It look clean, but bare. I think that will be a constant problem, because I have a ten foot ceiling and lots of white in between the floor and the ceiling. I start testing kids on Monday. It is kind of sad that we have to test these kids so young, but that is the way it goes.

Friday was my play day. My roommates and I decided to go camping. We ended up going to Rock Canyon and found a nice spot that looks out over the valley. It was so nice to be out in nature and hear the birds and the insects...perhaps not the insects.

I am most excited that I have my first week of teaching almost planned. I am noticing that I have to do a lot less research to figure out how to teach, because everything is so basic. I think in the long run it will make planning so much easier, and I am excited about that!

My week has been pretty slow, just school work and meetings. Maybe I will start having some funny stories from the kids!

Comments