This week in the life of me!

It was kind of hard to transition back into "mainland" life. I started off the week with meetings for school. The other kindergarten teachers and I have been meeting together planning all the things that we need to in order to be on the same page. I happy to say that we have all of the planning done and all that is left is getting the kids tested and organized into classes. My classroom is coming along. I am getting closer all the time. I am starting to get the management stuff done instead of organizing and decorating the class.

It was very busy socially this week. I guess when it rains socially it pours. I was able to have a sleepover a couple of nights this week with a friend/old roommie. It was so nice to relive the old days, unfortunately that means we did not get to bed at a reasonable time. I was also able to get ice cream with an old roommate that is leaving for her mission very soon. It will be sad to see her go, but I know that she will be awesome. Thinking about it, I currently have five female friends and several more acquaintances that are or will be going on missions. It's kind of crazy to think about.

Friday was a fun filled day, because it was probably my last day for the rest of the summer that I would have to devote completely to play. So, I slept in, worked on my Relief Society lesson, went hiking to a beautiful waterfall, went to the movies, came home and made dinner, went running, and last but not least I was invited to go watch another movie at another apartment. In all it was a busy day.

Saturday was a therapy day, because I spent several hours in my favorite yard, cleaning out flower beds, mowing, and weed-eating. I never would have thought, but mom and dad...thanks for teaching me to work!

My lesson went well in Relief Society. I have come to really enjoy my time with the sisters and having good discussions rather than just teaching little minds that don't really know how to discuss.

Next week, my first meetings with the district start up. I am excited and not excited because I will finally be learning exactly what they want me to do, but that means my summer is coming to and end. Until next week!

Comments