Fall is officially here!

It rained for the better part of the week. Luckily, we were able to send the kids outside to play. I don't look forward to the day when we have to start keeping the kids inside for recess, because the weather is so bad. Is school this week we started our true Writer's Workshop, were the kids get to start writing stories (which is really a five word sentence of something the did the day before). Writing is my favorite part of the day, because it is the time were everything we learn in literacy comes together and we start to see some real progress with the kids. It is so fun to see the light go on as they start making those connections.

We also took the kids on their first field trip. I had all forty-one students in my class at the same time. It was kind of crazy. Thank goodness for some good parents who came in and helped. The field trip was to a place called Hee Haw Farms where they have a corn maze and hay ride and lots of other fun things to do.

On Thursday I went to a Volleyball game for a girl that I used to babysit back in Nebraska. I felt so old, because I asked what grade she was in and I was told, "Oh, she's a senior." Man time flies by. This weekend we had our ward Halloween Party. I decided to go as a Roman/Greek and it turned out well. Next, week is the Stake Halloween Party and that should be lots of fun. Well, really that is all from my week. Until next week.

Comments