Halloween Week!

It was quite the week. Halloween tends to be very exciting for the kids. On Friday I made it through not one, but two Halloween parties. I am very happy to say that I made it through and am excited for next year. Also, this week was the first snow. The kids love the snow, but mom and dad don't send them to school with the right clothes and they are so cold.

I have been working very hard to have lighter schedule. I discovered that I am a workaholic and need to stop. I am proud to say that I only did a couple of hours of work this weekend and spent the rest of the weekend healing up. I have had a bad cold all week, which doesn't mix well with five year olds.

Some funny stories...

**I came in part way on this conversation about girlfriends.

Cute Boy 1: "...girlfriend."

Me: "You have a girlfriend?"

Cute Boy 2: "He has two girlfriends (he tells me their names), but they aren't seeing each other any more."

Me: To Cute Boy 2. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Cute Boy 2: Looking down forlornly, "No."

**It was red ribbon week at school, so we were having a conversation on staying away from drugs.

Shy Girl: Raising her hand, "My sister does drugs."

Me: Silence. Okay...but we need to make sure weeeee don't take drugs. (Honestly...how does one respond to that.)

**This happened out at recess. The kids love to share their tricks.

Cutie Pie: "Look Miss Kluber." She is getting up on bar. "I'm sitting." She sits on the bar. "I'm standing." She stands up on the bar and then lifts her hands and gives me a wide eyed serious face while shaking her head. "No hands." The icing on the cake is that she has the cutest lisp.

Well those are my stories. Hope you had an enjoyable week! Now on to Thanksgiving!

Comments