You know it's going to be one of those days when...

So...I am going to dedicate this blog to Friday. Partly because nothing of note happened before Friday, except for a French talent show that I went to, and did not understand anything. Oh the things we do for our friends.

Well, on to Friday. I always love Fridays because they go quickly and it means the weekend is here. I always open up the door to great the kids. When I opened the door I heard crying. I guess she fell down and hurt herself. I got her in and the rest of the kids. While I was working to get the other kids settled in another came up to me and said I don't feel very good. I looked at him and thought to myself, "Hmmm." I told him to go sit down at his seat and lay his head down. Then I see another boy coming in crying with his mom, because he tripped outside. After getting him settle down the aching boy comes up to me and says I still don't feel very good. I told him to lay his head down for a little bit longer and I turn to take attendance quickly before getting started. When I hear from behind me this choking sound. I turn and see the sick boy and say if you think you need to go to the bathroom then go. He hightailed it to the bathroom in which I heard him throwing up in the bathroom.

Keep in mind this all happened within the first five minutes of class. Sometimes you just have to shake your head. A little while later as we were coming in from recess I saw a couple of boys who should never be together in a line together. They were picking on each other and I stopped the line to get them under control. When one of them yelled teacher at the top of his lungs. I guess it is a new way to summon me.

Despite all of these things the day ended up great. In my afternoon class the kids earned a party because we collected more Macey's receipts than anyone else. We were playing a game that required the kids to be very quiet. Out of the corner of my eye I say a boy rolling on the ground. I started to watch him and found that he was taking the game very seriously. He was being very sneaky and being a GI Joe as he was trying to not get caught. It was the coolest and cutest thing ever!

And that was my Friday!


Comments