Christmas Break!

The week leading up to Christmas break is always crazy. Sometimes I wonder why as teachers we put ourselves through it every year. I think this year was particularly crazy. Monday is always an early out day, so it is very short for both my morning and afternoon kids. Tuesday I was there, but not there because I was pulling kids out to test. Wednesday started the crazy schedule of assemblies. They normally aren't longer than thirty minutes, but when you only have your kids for three hours, it seriously puts a kink in your schedule. There was an assembly Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The Friday one was a marathon. The poor kids sat there for an hour and a half. I felt so sorry for them.

Friday was also our class Christmas party. Both were a lot of fun. The one for my afternoon kids was particularly fun, because it was a polar express theme. I have never heard of a party themed like that. One of the dad's in my class is a professional clown. He offered to make balloon creations for the kids. I thought it would be fun thing, but boy howdy he really went all out. He not only made amazing elves, Santas, Christmas trees, and snowmen, but when I came in the classroom after recess, this is what I saw...
I think it is really cool and so does everyone else that has seen it!

Friday evening it took it easy, because I was tired and that usually doesn't happen. Saturday I woke up and worked until about 1 and then played the rest of the day. Carolyn and I went to see the new movie Tangled. So cute! There was a row of high schoolers in front of us and I thought we would have to deal with the annoying high schoolers, but I ended up being the annoying one making my comments like, "Why, that dirty, rotten..." Carolyn thought it was funny. After than we went home made dinner. After dinner we were bored and then we had the great idea of starting a tradition of puzzle making on Sunday. We ended up going to Barnes and Noble to find an awesome puzzle. We also stopped by Michaels to plan our blanket making adventure and Best Buy to use another gift card that I had. It sounds boring, but it was so much fun.

I plan on going to work on Monday for a couple of hours and then leaving for home on Tuesday. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with family, fun, and the Savior!

Comments