It's December!

It was quite the week getting the kids back into a routine. We did have some amazing weather this week, which was so nice just to let the kids play outside. I believe the general theme among teachers and students alike, is that it is time for a break.

I had a major win with one of my students. He struggles to focus and because of this he is getting behind. Well, last week I was working with him and he finally mastered a skill that the other kids mastered months ago. When he started doing it, I really wanted to jump up and shout for joy. The kids also did some funny things this week.

The first story involves my special needs boy and and another girl in the class. She came up to me after school and said (imagine this being said by a fiver year old with a valley girl accent),"Miss Kluber, Nelson burped in my face, and I almost barfed." I started laughing out loud, just because I had never heard anything quite like it. The second story comes from one of my boys. He has a speech problem and so a lot of what he says comes out wrong. We were sitting down in a small group and I was working with him and he was trying to show Tragan something. This is what I heard, "Satan, Satan..." I looked at him and could not figure out what he was doing. I really just couldn't believe he was saying Satan. Then I saw where he was looking and figured he was trying to say Tragan.

This weekend was actually filled with social things. On Friday night a group of us used our Pass of all Passes to go mini golfing. We decided to go on the outside course, which was covered is snow, but so much fun. On Saturday was the ward temple trip. I am in charge of planning them. We had a really go turn out and it is always fun to go with people you know. After that Carolyn and I proceeded to spend the rest of the day together. We decided that we wanted to have a Twilight marathon in honor of the newest movie coming out on DVD. We made a rule that we had to keep all of our comments positive snarky, instead of negative. We did well with the first two, but by the last one we were loosing it, because it was so bad. We decided that we would never have a Twilight marathon again. It's just too much! Sorry all you Twilight fans.

Well, that is about all...oh, there is 10 school days until Christmas break...just in case you were wondering.

Comments