The first week back!

It was a busy week back. I ended up spending about 57 hours at work, which is a few hours more than what I normally do. I keep getting closer to not having to do major projects, because there aren't too many things that the kids need to learn. From the above mentioned information, you can tell it was a dead week socially, but that's okay. The first week back in school for college kids is busy any way, so not much happened.

My kids did alright. They did forget a few of the rules, but by far I think they did a great job. I have also starting giving the DRA, which is a reading assessment. It is kind of exciting for me to see just how far they have come in a few short months. They have gone from not reading at all to being able to read independently, simple texts.

This weekend I was more grateful than ever to have Carolyn. I don't know anyone that would stick around so long to help cut out 140 feet of lamination. We ended up making it through three Star Wars movies. I think we may try to also watch the most recent ones as well. Perhaps we will try it without lamination!

Hope your new year is starting off well!

Comments