Happy New Year!

Most of my week was spent in Enoch with the family. We didn't do much in the way of activities. Mostly we did things around the house, in the garden, and the driveway (shoveling). Well, dad and Brian did the shoveling. I worked on school stuff. The biggest project was cutting out 41 feet, yep that's a four and one, of lamination. Thanks to the help of Brian and Grandma the project only took about four hours.

Friday I headed home with a coworker who lives in the area. Most of you probably know this, because family updates have already been sent out, but on our way home we had a small problem. We were heading past Filmore and the truck threw a rod. So I morn the loss of my longest relationship. We had been together since high school and I guess some things just weren't meant to be.

Friday just wasn't my day for driving, because that same night Carolyn (a.k.a Lizzle) and I went to friend of a friend's house to celebrate the New Year. The house is behind the Provo Temple, and for those of you who don't know once you pass the temple you start heading up into the mountains. To make a long story short the last hill that we needed to get up was tricky. Too tricky for me to make, because right at the top we started spinning and sliding down the hill. We ended up in the middle of the road blocking part of the other lane. Thank goodness the one car that passed us was a small one. Lizzle's brother came to our rescue and had the car down and back up the hill in nothin' flat. So dad...I rest my case about you being my good luck charm when driving in bad weather!

Saturday was not quite as exciting (insert sigh of relief). I made breakfast with Carolyn, did things in town like shopping for food, and then we chilled the rest of the day. I ended my Saturday with card throwing with another friend.

I hope you all had a safe New Year and happy goal setting for 2011!

Comments