Glad that's over with!

Everything in school has been leading up to this week. Testers came and tested most of our kids for the DRA, which is a reading assessment test. So, on Friday the kids went down to be tested and they did a really good job. I was surprised by many and for the most part the fact that they were being tested didn't seem to make much of a difference to them. I was worried that they would be nervous. Besides the reading assessment, I was giving the math post assessment and assessing for report cards. Most of that is finished, so all that is left is the kindergarten post assessment, which begins next week. I am all assessed out!

On a lighter note...I do have a funny story to share. The kids were working in their small groups and I happened to turn around and see this...

Girl sitting down next to boy and doing something...I am not sure what.

Boy: This is my grouchy face. (Gives a great grouchy face. I would liken it to the teacher look. Maybe he has a future in teaching!)

Girl: In a very serious voice. I am so sorry; I didn't mean to.

Me (in my head): Wow...maybe I should try that with the kids and then laughing out loud, because it was really funny.

The rest of the class asked why I was laughing, and I told them the truth. They are really funny to me!

And that is my story. For all the parents from my class that read my blog...hope you enjoy the little stories! :)

In other news running is going well. We are up to six miles and I think I am ready to up the miles. I never thought that I would be able to do something like this, but here I am. I am hoping to be ready to run a half marathon here pretty soon. The weather has been so nice lately, that it makes running all the enjoyable.

At school, it was teacher appreciation week. I had never even heard of it until this year. I have to say it was lots of fun to get those letters from parents and kids. A room mom decorated my door and there was lots of love in my class!

As far as the social scene, there was a bi-ward Cinco de Mayo party, which was fun. On Friday evening I finished up a book that I have been working on for a while. I stayed up late almost every night last week. Far later than I should be considering the time I get up every morning. But, it is finished and I no longer have the compulsion to finish it. On Saturday, I went to the chapel to clean, had Saturday morning breakfast and cartoons with the gang. There was about 17 people present, which I think is a new record. Unfortunately, I burned half a pan of magic bacon, so we were down some bacon. After that, I went up to do laundry and MOW! It was a lot of fun to be back in the yard. I think I got a little soft over the winter, because I have a blister on my finger. Go figure!

Well, to all you mothers out there Happy Mother's Day! Next week I am heading to Logan to go to a very good friends wedding. Carolyn and I will be driving up, so it will be an adventure!

Comments