The weather and I are not on good terms!

It was a roller coaster of a week with the kids. The weather has been so crazy with snow and warm weather that the behavior in my class has been nuts. I am hoping that soon things will get better, because I don't think I can do five more weeks of it!

The biggest thing that happened this week was baby chicks. I went home last weekend and picked up some baby chick eggs, because we were talking about Spring this week in my class. They were all very excited to have them in class. Most of them have never been to a farm or had the chance of seeing real live baby animals. It was kind of cool to watch them. Sometimes I think the teachers were more excited than the kids. On one of the days when they were first hatching, I put the document camera over the eggs and the kids were able to watch one of them hatching on the big screen. It couldn't have been better timing. The only problem is that they are smelly! My poor classroom smelled like a barn and I had to subject my roommates to the smell over the weekend because there were a couple still hatching. This is after I cleaned them out twice!

We have also begun our end of the year testing, which is really out of control for kindergarten. They have to take three different assessments/tests in a four week period all of them require them to do really hard things that is difficult for five and six year olds to do, even if we have been talking about it all year long.

Socially for me this week was kind of dull, but I did do stuff. I was able to go to Monday Family Home Evening, which was nice because I usually go to Sunday, just because of my work schedule. Things are quieting down at work so I am only staying until about five. Then on Friday Carolyn and I went to Brick Oven (an Italian place) to eat dinner with a group of people. We had about fourteen people there eating with us, so it was a good time.

Other big news this week has to do with running. I have started running more with Carolyn and we did almost 6.5 miles on Wednesday. We are almost half way to our goal of running a half marathon. It is super exciting for me, because I enjoy running a lot, but Winter is so hard for me to run, because of time and bad weather.

Next week should be a quiet week. There are some activities happening in the ward that should be fun, so maybe I will have adventures to report on.

Comments