Squaw Peak...again!

This was my first official week off from school. I read lots, slept like a bear, and played! Monday and Tuesday were fairly routine. I was able to finish most of the Ranger's Apprentice series. I had forgotten how it is to have time to read. It is one thing I miss during the school year.

Wednesday I went to the movies with some friends. It was a last minute thing, but it ended up being fun. Thursday a few of us did the annual hike to Squaw Peak. We started in the evening and by the time we go to the top the sun was starting to set. It was also getting really cold. Last year we ran down the mountain, so we decided to do it again. It was just as fun this time as it was last time, except I hurt a lot more than I remember. It's Sunday and I am still walking funny. The water was also flowing really fast. In some part of the trail up the water was starting to flow over the banks. Friday I went to another movie and then spent the rest of the day getting ready for cleaning checks...it was a good day.
Saturday was the Columbus reunion. It was really cool to see everyone. It was funny to see all the little kids running around and to recognized their grown up faces, or even to figure out who they belong to, because they have been born in the past six years since I left Columbus. Wow...time flies! I also went to a wedding reception of a good friend. We used to live in the ward and it was just good fun to see her so happy.

Next week I will be back in the schools working on stuff for next year. I am kind of excited to have more a routine.

Until next week!

Comments