New motto...Go BIG, or go home.

This week was extremely busy. It started off in Idaho for the 4th. There ended up being about thirty people that went to watch the fireworks. The fireworks in Idaho Falls were pretty good. They were done to music, but the whole display was really long. And by really long I mean 45 minutes long. It was kinda intense! Our car left right after they finished and managed to beat most of the traffic out and we headed back to Provo. We got back at three in the morning, safe and sound.

Tuesday was my day with Erin. We went to the temple in the morning, to lunch, and then to Ikea. I have fallen in love with that store. I found the coolest mold (not the bacteria kind) for my crayons. I decided instead of wasting all the small pieces of crayons that the kids break to melt them and put them in a mold. I found one that will be perfect and three colors later I think it was a very good purchase. Now I just need to figure out how to make the clean up easier.

Wednesday was a reading day. I finished a book and a half. I will miss not being able to just plop down on the couch and read to my hearts content when school starts again...it's coming up fast. Thursday was my day to cook for dinner group and I got in a little over my head, but it turned out really good. I spent most of the day making this.

1. Salsa
2. Green Dressing
3. Seasoned chicken
4. Peanut Chocolate Parfait (Goodness in the form of a frozen dessert)
5. Green rice
6. Flour Tortillas

Lots of flavor, lots of cilantro...

Friday I tried to finish everything I normally do on Saturday because Carolyn and I had our Summer adventure in Southern Utah. We woke up at 5:30 and went to a fun place called Goblin Valley. It is a small valley filled with cool rock structures to climb all over. Basically, a little boy's dream come true. We got back in time for me to go on a date. We ended up doing more hiking, which made for a day full of hiking. The weather turned off rainy. You would think it would be miserable, but I decided that it is more adventurous and fun in the rain, and a lot cooler. The only downside to the hike was that we had to go downhill and I still have a torn muscle or something in my leg, so every time I stepped going downhill it hurt. Oh well, no pain, no gain.

Today (Sunday) I am heading back down South, but in a different direction to go to Cedar. I will be staying with the parents while I attend the Shakespeare festival. I will be going to six plays and a lots of classes to get a back ground on the stories, production and costuming. It will be a busy three days, but from what I hear, totally worth it.

And that was my, Go BIG, or go home week!

Comments