Carolyn's graduation and other things...

I figure I would give an update on my life at a day by day, so here we go.

Monday: I made snack for FHE. I decided to make cookies and put ice cream in the middle, reminiscent of my childhood. It was a hit. I don't think too many people had seen regular homemade cookies with ice cream in the middle. I have seen other apartments doing it...so thanks mom.

Tuesday: I dedicated my day to reading...literally. I woke up and went running and got ready for the day an then I read a new book that I bought at Borders from an author that I was introduced to by Holly. It's called the Warrior Heir. Wonderful book!

Wednesday: I decided to use a gift card to Kohl's and get some things from school. My achievement...I made made three dollars! Yep, that's right dad, I came away with three extra dollars.

Thursday: I made a quick trip to Filmore to meet mom to have lunch and make the switch with the truck. So far so good with the truck. I also went to Carolyn's graduation dinner with her family. It was nice to catch up with people and eat some good food.

Friday: This was the day she actually walked. I think the time to graduate is in August. Her ceremony was an hour on the dot. Just the way I like it...short, sweet, and hard to beat. That evening I went to a Relief Society activity, which was fun.

Saturday: We had a cartoon breakfast and then I went to take care of the yard and do laundry. A quick word about the yard. Let's just say Whitney 'owned' the hedge on the fence. A couple of times a summer it gets so overgrown (it all comes over from the neighbors yard) that it needs to be hacked back in order to mow. That evening I went to a wedding reception (number 2 of 3 if you are keeping count, just one more this month). Right after I went to a ward temple trip. So, it was a busy day.

Sunday: I sat in church with all of my roommates. That hasn't happened for almost two months, because everyone has either been gone for work or visiting family. I also taught the Sunday School lesson. I think it went well. I had some really good comments and people actually participated, which is nice.

Future plans include, starting meetings next week for school, maybe going to the Mona rope swing, and going to yet another reception.

Next week I will confirm or deny above said activities.

Comments