Exciting News!

The biggest thing that happened this week was getting to hire a third kindergarten teacher. It is so exciting to not have to teach almost 30 kids in each class. Instead, we are down to 22. That is a number I can live with. All week, myself and the other kinder teacher were testing the kids. We have been pleasantly surprised at how far ahead the students are. They have a great foundation, which helps us as teachers! There are also some funny personalities that I think I will have some fun with.

We hired the new teacher on Friday afternoon, so she has the weekend to set up her class. I count myself lucky to have had the start that I did, because I had almost the whole summer to get prepared. Since it is my second year teaching I have been able to pull a lot of things for her that will help her out as she is getting started. I think it will be a stressful start, but in the end she will do just fine.

School hasn't started for kinder yet. That will be on Tuesday. This week was all testing and getting things ready. I think I am almost ready to go. Most of the time I feel like I am forgetting something, which is probably a good thing. Things are so much easier.

As far as fun things...I went laser tagging for the first time. I realized that I am not a good shooter and I am not aggressive enough for it. In short...I'm not cut out for war! I also went up into the canyon and had a bonfire with some friends. It was a beautiful evening and it was storming a little bit and lighting up the sky. BEAUTIFUL! It makes me long for home and seeing the night sky without the city lights blocking everything.

I taught today in Sunday school. Funny story. I was heading out to my classroom when the Sunday School President came up to me and asked if I would teach both classes. With the semester starting there is only one class, until things get organized. So, I taught well over 100 people. The lesson went okay, but it is so hard to teach so many people. I don't know how professors do it. After class, I turned to the President and said, "Let's not do that again." He responded by agreeing.

Next week will be a whirlwind of a week with school starting. I am sure I will have some first day of school stories to share!

Comments

Parental Units said…
Wear your tennis shoes so you can catch the runners on your first day of kindergarten.